We are blessed to be welcomed into the community at St. Joseph Catholic Parish and given the opportunity to meet there. Please be mindful that the facility is entrusted to our care. These guidelines will enable us to be respectful guests and create a safe environment appropriate for learning.
- Students are expected to show respect to adults and each other at all times. Profanity will not be tolerated. Unkind behavior such as teasing, gossip, and exclusion of others is unacceptable.
- Student’s appearance should reinforce and reflect a healthy learning environment. Students should hold to high standards of modesty and good grooming—no sleeveless/thin straps, skin tight clothing, or exposed stomachs. Underclothing should not be visible, shorts and skirts must be to the knee, and no hats/caps worn in the building. Girls only may wear hats as accessories.
- Please enter and exit the building in a quiet and orderly manner.
- Please maintain quiet in the main area, and be mindful that classes are meeting throughout the building.
- Arrive on time for class and be prepared by completing assignments and bringing necessary supplies. Once students are signed in, they should go directly to their classrooms when the bell is rung.
- Please leave laptops and cell phones at home or secured in a bag, purse or backpack. Cell phone use, including calling, texting, social media, or video viewing by students is not permitted except in the case of an emergency or to contact a parent. Computers and e-readers are only allowed with pre-approval for academic purposes at the request of parents or teachers. No internet access is provided for students.
- No running, yelling, or horseplay is allowed in the school building. No tipping back in chairs.
- Please, no gum chewing and no food or drinks, other than water, are allowed during class.
- The facility and grounds must be kept clean and in order. Students must leave their areas clean by picking up trash, cleaning tables, pushing in chairs, and sweeping floors when necessary.
- Students are to be in supervised areas at all times during school hours or any CCE North event. Wandering the school building or church grounds is not permitted.
- Students must be picked up promptly. They should wait in the entrance area or at the front of the building and be signed out when picked up. Students are only allowed outdoors with adult supervision. CCE North cannot be responsible for students left unattended. Program representative will remain until all students are picked up.
- Cheating, copying another’s work, or deliberate deception is unacceptable.
- Public displays of affection such as hand-holding, etc. are not permitted.
- No tobacco, vaping materials, alcohol, illicit drugs, weapons, or inappropriate printed material allowed on site. Violations of this rule will result in suspension or expulsion from the program.
Both parents and students should read and agree to abide by the Behavior Expectations, as well as all additional rules, regulations, and guidelines set forth by St. Joseph Catholic Parish. This policy is for the safety and protection of all students and staff of CCE North. Failure to comply may result in expulsion without refund. Prents are fully responsible for property damage to the facilities, CCE North property, and/or personal damage caused by the misbehavior of their children.