CCE Policies & Guidelines
Students must be age 7 by September 1st of the school year in order to be eligible to participate and enroll in CCE.
Tuition is due by the first day of the semester. Payment plans are available (please see Tuition Rates for details). All facility, insurance, and materials fees are due by the first day of the semester. Limited scholarship funds may be available. Contact the program coordinators for more details.
Withdrawal and Refunds
Advance notice to the program coordinators is required if a student withdraws from classes prior to the completion of a semester. Refund of tuition will be prorated. No refunds will be given if withdrawal occurs after three absences or within the last six weeks of class. Registration/facility fees and materials fees are nonrefundable.
All requests for course schedule changes after the start of the semester must be approved by a CCE coordinator and must receive permission from the teacher of the requested class.
Illnesses and Absences
Please do not permit your student to attend classes if they could transmit an illness to others. Students should be kept home if they have a serious cold/cough or have had a fever, vomiting or diarrhea within 24 hours of class day. The program coordinators should be notified immediately if it is discovered that a student has contracted a serious communicable illness including but not limited to confirmed influenza, strep infections, pertussis (whooping cough), chicken pox, measles, meningitis, tuberculosis, and hepatitis. It is the responsibility of the parents and student to work with teachers to obtain and complete missed assignments.
No official grades or report cards will be issued. Parents should contact individual teachers if further documentation of coursework and/or progress is desired.
Students Not Enrolled in Class
Students who are not enrolled in a specific class may not attend that class. All requests for class changes, whether for a permanent change or a change in schedule for the day, must be approved by CCE coordinators. No visitors are allowed at CCE without permission from a CCE coordinator prior to the visit.
Notice of a student’s absence (partial or whole day) should be given to the CCE coordinators. Please notify CCE as soon as an absence is anticipated, either via email or phone/text.
Notices of cancellation or late start will be via email by 7:30 a.m. the day of classes. If classes are cancelled due to weather conditions or events beyond the Program’s control, all efforts will be made to offer a make-up day at the end of the semester. No refunds will be given for missed classes due to weather cancellations. CCE follows Jefferson County Schools weather closures.
Classically Catholic Enrichment North is hereby granted permission to take photographs of the students to use in brochures, websites, poster, advertisements, and other promotional materials. Permission is also hereby granted for the CCE North to copyright such photographs in its name.
We are blessed to be welcomed into the community at St. Joseph Catholic Parish and given the opportunity to meet there. Please be mindful that the facility is entrusted to our care. These guidelines will enable us to be respectful guests and create a safe environment appropriate for learning.
- Students are expected to show respect to adults and each other at all times. Profanity will not be tolerated. Unkind behavior such as teasing, gossip, and exclusion of others is unacceptable.
- Student’s appearance should reinforce and reflect a healthy learning environment. Students should hold to high standards of modesty and good grooming—no sleeveless/thin straps, skin tight clothing, or exposed stomachs. Underclothing should not be visible, shorts and skirts must be to the knee, and no hats/caps worn in the building. Girls only may wear fashion hats as accessories (no ballcaps).
- Please enter and exit the building in a quiet and orderly manner.
- Please maintain quiet in the main area, and be mindful that classes are meeting throughout the building.
- Arrive on time for class and be prepared by completing assignments and bringing necessary supplies. Once students are signed in, they should go directly to their classrooms when the bell is rung.
- Please leave laptops and cell phones at home or secured in a bag, purse or backpack. Cell phone use, including calling, texting, social media, or video viewing by students is not permitted except in the case of an emergency or to contact a parent. Computers and e-readers are only allowed with pre-approval for academic purposes at the request of parents or teachers. No internet access is provided for students.
- No running, yelling, or horseplay is allowed in the school building. No tipping back in chairs.
- Please, no gum chewing and no food or drinks, other than water, are allowed during class.
- The facility and grounds must be kept clean and in order. Students must leave their areas clean by picking up trash, cleaning tables, pushing in chairs, and sweeping floors when necessary.
- Students are to be in supervised areas at all times during school hours or any CCE North event. Wandering the school building or church grounds is not permitted.
- Students must be picked up promptly. They should wait in the entrance area or at the front of the building and be signed out when picked up. Students are only allowed outdoors with adult supervision. CCE North cannot be responsible for students left unattended. Program representative will remain until all students are picked up.
- Cheating, copying another’s work, or deliberate deception is unacceptable.
- Public displays of affection such as hand-holding, etc. are not permitted.
- No tobacco, vaping materials, alcohol, illicit drugs, weapons, or inappropriate printed material allowed on site. Violations of this rule will result in suspension or expulsion from the program.
Failure to adhere to the Behavior Expectations, after sufficient notice to correct the behavior, may result in suspension or expulsion from the program. No refunds will be given in this case. It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to remind the students to behave appropriately and clean up after themselves while attending classes and on the property at St. Joseph Catholic Parish. Parents are fully responsible for property damage to the facilities, CCE North property, and/or personal damage caused by the misbehavior of their children.
Both parents and students should read and agree to abide by the Behavior Expectations, as well as all additional rules, regulations, and guidelines set forth by St. Joseph Catholic Parish. This policy is for the safety and protection of all students and staff of CCE North.
- Students should sign in when they arrive for classes. Parents need to sign in for students under the age of 10. Parents (or authorized individuals) should come into the facility to sign out students at the end of the day.
- Students are not allowed to leave the facility property at any time without the permission of a parent/guardian. If this student must leave for any reason with permission of a parent/guardian, notice must be given to CCE North by the parent/guardian.
- Students must remain in the areas designated for use by CCE North.
- Teachers and students will be given explanations of emergency lockdown and evacuation procedures during orientation and/or the first several weeks of classes. In the event of a serious emergency, students will be locked down and secured in place until the emergency has ended or evacuated if safe and possible. All efforts will be made to notify parent(s)/ guardian(s) of the status of the emergency and lockdown situation as soon as possible.
- Behavior that places students, teachers, staff, volunteers and/or the facility at risk will not be tolerated.
Classically Catholic Enrichment North runs best when there is active participation by families to contribute to the success of the program. In order to keep costs down, we rely on the generosity of volunteers for support. Opportunities for volunteering will be listed on CCE North’s volunteer sign-up site. These will include working on-site at St. Joseph Catholic Parish on meeting days, helping with parish events, and participating in fundraising and service activities.
For each family, per semester, minimum volunteer guidelines are as follows:
- Please volunteer for three volunteer blocks per family. You are welcome to sign your teens up to help clean at the end of the day. Students must be at least 13 years of age to be signed up for volunteer slots.
- You are welcome to bring your children with you when volunteering.
- All adults working with children or volunteering at CCE North must have completed the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Training (Called to Protect). Documentation of completion of the course must be on file with CCE North.
- If you are unable to volunteer on-site for any reason, please contact a CCE coordinator.
We appreciate your generosity and attention to this request and these guidelines. If you have any difficulty completing your volunteer commitments, please contact one of the CCE North coordinators.